Signed in as:
Signed in as:
The Altar Guilds in the Episcopal Church developed in the late nineteenth century and serving in the Altar Guild is both a privilege and a pleasure. It is a volunteer group of parish members who are called to serve God by preparing and tending the places where we worship. The Guild cares for the altar, vestments, vessels and the altar linens.
A membership of approximately seven volunteers. New members to the Altar Guild are always welcome and training is provided. If you would like further information regarding service on the Altar Guild, speak with Maureen O’Keefe or Father Terry.
Maureen O'Keefe - Executrix
Marie Carr - Assistant Executrix
June Smith - Treasurer
Gloria Davis - Flowers
Dolores DeWitt - Seamstress
Set up for Sunday worship services, weddings, memorials and funerals.
• Wash vessels and linens.
• Placing the appropriate linens on the altar and credence table.
• Change the colors according to the liturgical season.
• Place the Hymn numbers on the Hymn Board.
• Upkeep and placement of the candles in the narthex.
• Ensure that pew cards and present and in order.
• Tend to the all the candles and basins.
• Tend to the flowers which includes watering and replacement.
• Liaison with the florist for the procurement of the flowers for the altar.
• Members of the Altar Guild prepare the sanctuary for services, and clean up afterwards.